Battery Metals Projects, Western Australia
In December 2023, Bastion acquired two highly prospective lithium, REE and gold projects in Western Australia. Bastion holds a 100% interest in the tenements.
Morrissey Lithium and REE Project: located in the active exploration region of the Gascoyne – where surrounding projects have defined critical minerals systems.
Split Rock Dam Lithium and Gold Project: located in the WA Goldfields (Mt Ida), a region highly prospective for pegmatites.
Morrissey Lithium and REE Project, Gascoyne WA
- Project sits within the “Volta Corridor”, an 80km prospective LCT target zone strategically located 120km northeast of Gascoyne Junction in Western Australia.
- Prior to its acquisition, the Project represented one of the last remaining private lithium projects within the “Volta Corridor.”
- Tenement covers 15.54km2 and despite the known pegmatite bodies on the tenure it has had no prior systematic exploration for lithium.
- Tenement easily accessible by road and main target easily accessible by foot.
- Heritage Agreement partially completed.
Split Rock Dam Lithium and Gold Project – Goldfields (Mt Ida) WA
- Immediately adjacent to tenure involved in the most recent major transaction in the area, a subsidiary of Wesfarmers Ltd (ASX:WES) executed a $30 million transaction on Lithium and gold rights held by Ora Banda Mining Ltd (ASX:OBM).
- Known LCT pegmatites occur at Ora Banda Mining’s (ASX: OBM) Federal Flag and Gila, only a few kilometres from the tenement.
- OBM drilling highlights at Federal Flag include 11.1m @ 1.28% Li2O from 54m including 8m @ 1.56% Li2O.
- Delta Lithium’s (ASX: DLI) flagship Mt Ida Lithium Project lies to the north of the nearby town of Menzies.
Tenement map showing Split Rocks Dam (E 16/607) location and regional lithium occurrences of Ora Banda Mining Ltd (ASX:OBM) and Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy and Fertilisers Lithium JV holding
For more details on OBM exploration, please refer to OBM ASX Announcement 26 April 2023 Significant Davyhurst Lithium Discovery
For more details on OBM and WES JV, please refer to OBM ASX Announcement 30th October 2023 OBM Signs Transformation $26M lithium JV with WESCEF
For more details on DLI Projects, please refer to DLI ASX Announcement: 10 November 2023 Exploration Update Yinnetharra and Mt Ida